Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sheduled report problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2000
GB
When I schedule reports that are linked to Baan ERP tables they often come back as 'No Response' in the status column on the desktop. The reports are proven to have previously worked. Is it down to the tables, or is it something more sinister??

Does the report ever finish? I get this when there are several reports running at the same time or when I am using views or stored procedures. This just means that there is no activity on the local machine but there can be activity at server side. Other processes may being taking more time away from your report running. However, all my reports run and finish as expected. They just may take a little longer than at other times.

SnowDude: Could you be in Sweden?? We have a connection with an Info/Baan implementation there and one of the things we changed to improve response was the maximum load setting of the Info Server concerned (we have multiple Info Servers in the setup). If you drop this to 1 then you get max processor power on your report. If the IS is an NT Server check to make sure it is configured for 'Maximum throughput for network' - this also helps David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

DCM: The server is configured for max throughput as suggested. I did drop the max load down to one in Info Admin, but as our implementation is in its infancy there have been no more than 1 report run at a time so this should not present a problem. Unfortunately I am not in Sweden, in the UK instead and it is raining - again.

SnowDude: Interesting! What happens if you run the report directly from the Report Designer - do you get a faster response?

Also UK based and getting rained on!

David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back