Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sharing xml schema between web services

Status
Not open for further replies.

vihrao

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2004
US
I have two web services consumer and supplier. Consumer does not know the type of data sent by supplier. So I want to send xml schema from the supplier to the consumer and then send a validated xml document. Consumer stores the XML schema sent by supplier and validates the xml document with the schema.
I understand that xml can be included in the soap body. Can I include both xml schema and validated xml document in same SOAP body?
OR
Is there a better way to solve this issue?

Thank you for your replies.

I'm not sure if I fully understand your problem. Doesn't supplier WSDL include the format of the expected message?

Cheers,
Dian

This seems to be stretching the concept of web services a bit. Perhaps you can describe the problem to be solved (rather than this particular approach) so that we can be more helpful.

In normal operation a web service description language (WSDL) service description will be published. Most, if not all, publishing mechanisms anticipate a static description.

Given this type of constraint, it would seem that the WSDL would specify two "output parameters" of type xsd:any, each of which would represent an XML document, one the XML Schema and the other the XML document.

Why doesn't your web service validate the supplier's document, instead of passing that on to the consumer?

Whatever, it seems a bit bizarre. So, back to the real question: what problem are you trying to solve with this approach?

Tom Morrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back