Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sharing URL's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosebud

MIS
Jun 19, 1999
US
I want to e-mail someone a list of some of my favorite URLs.  I've got them saved in my 'Favorites' but I can't find that folder in 'Windows Explorer'. What's the best way to e-mail someone a list of my favorite URLs?

Two ways:<br><br>If you wish to send your entire bookmarks file, it is stored as bookmark.htm in C:\Program Files\Netscape\Users\[profilename]\&nbsp;&nbsp;where [profilename] is your username ¦ profilename.&nbsp;&nbsp;It is often left as 'default' or the part of your e-mail address before the '@'.&nbsp;&nbsp;You could simply attach it to an e-mail and away you go.<br><br>-OR-<br><br>If you want to clean it up before you send it, to remove items that won't be of interest to your correspondent, pull down the bookmarks list and choose Edit bookmarks.&nbsp;&nbsp;Immediately choose file, save as, and save the file to an easy to remember directory such as My Documents or My Files with a new name, like outmarks.htm (remember to keep the .htm).&nbsp;&nbsp;Choose&nbsp;&nbsp;File, Open bookmarks file to open your new bookmark file and edit it to remove those items you don't wish to send.&nbsp;&nbsp;Save it again and attach it to your e-mail.<br><br>Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back