Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing Printer on Buffalo Linkstation 160Gb NAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveh

Technical User
Jun 22, 2000
GB
Hi,

I've just purchased a Buffalo Linkstation HD-160LAN from Buffalo. The unit comes as a NAS with an integrated print server. In our office I've got the NAS working fine, networked and sharing folders based on usernames, etc, etc.

However, I can't get it to work with out multifunction printer, the Sharp AR-M165. Its not a driver issue, as I'm using the driver that worked just 5 minutes ago when the printer was connected was directly connected via USB to a computer. I install the printer by selecting the 'lp on fileserver', and right-clicking, selecting "connect" and choosing the appropriate driver.

However, when I send a print to it, rather than it immediately printing, the printer powers up and just says "receiving print data", but then nothing happens. So if it isn't the printer, isn't the computer and isn't the driver, then there must be an issue with the LinkStation. I bought this always knowing that not having a simple straightforward printer, this might be an issue, but had hoped it wouldn't be.

Has anyone got any experience of this, or can you offer any suggestions?

Thanks,
David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back