Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing Outlook Calenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDaveM

Vendor
Feb 12, 2002
US
I have a client, small office 5 people, who want to share their calender appointments. I cannot seem to find a way to do this/ Is it possible? They are using Office 2000.
Thanks,
Dave

Hi there,
We use Outlook 2000 and have several shared public folders.
Go to View-Folder List then right click on Public Folders select New Folder and create a new one to hold appointment items. All your users should then be able to write to it.
Altenatively you can have your users assign viewing permissions on their own calendars to the other users through Tools-Options-Delegates.
Hope this is what you were after.
F

I think you need to be running Exchange server as your mail server to be able to share your calendars.
Check out the following article at OL2000: (CW) How to Open Someone Else's Calendar or Other Folder (Q195781)

T use OL2000 and share a calendar -2 people. Won't work in OL2002. See above thread re sharing. Buy Using Outlook2000 by Que publishing. Expensive book but has best explanation of how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back