Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing Openoffice Spreadsheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

rr236

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2000
GB
My team have justed started to use openoffice and we've noticed what appears to be a showstopper regards using this software.

We share documents and when we use ms office, if I open a document that has already been opened by one of my team members (ie. Graham), I get a message on opening the document stating that Graham is editing the spreadsheet.

Using openoffice, all I get is 'calc is editing the document'. Obviously this is unacceptable as I then have to telephone around our various offices to see who has opened the document.

Is there any way to get openoffice to pass the username of the person who has opened the document.

If not we'll have to go back to using ms office which would be a shame.

thanking you in advance
rr236

I use Open Office but not in a network environ...

Here are a couple of links to the OO data, could not quickly locate this specific issue. It does appear that you have file locking enabled and that it is just not returning the actual user as you stated...I am not positive how OO has this implemented...

Hope you can sort this out & post back..You can't beat the cost!!

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back