Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing Eudora on home network?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2003
US
I just bought a second computer. They are networked. I have a paid version of Eudora on the original Computer. I'm trying to access it from the new computer. I've assigned "share" to the Quaalcom folder, but that doesn't work. I tried sharing the Eudora shortcut...that doesn't work either. Is there a way to do this? Or must I download and install another Eudora on new puter? If I do this, can I use my registraion info from my first computer? Thank you.

Hi,

The easiest way to do this is to copy the eudora data out of the qualcomm directory to a separate folder, then change the shortcut on the first computer to point to the data.
Thus to put it in C:\Email it would be the following:

"C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\Eudora Mail\Eudora.exe" C:\Email

You can then install Eudora on the other PC and point it to this directory in the same manner.
However, I assume that your eudora license only covers one PC (I would check the wording to find this out) - and if so you can either run it in sponsored or light mode at no extra cost, but should buy a new full license if you want to do this.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back