Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing DB in exclusive mode with DAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorenzodv

Programmer
Feb 16, 2001
IT
Hello.

I'm using DAO to create a DB-based application that access to a MDB database. I don't want the DB to be accessed by more than 1 user at once, so I put an error checking routine to handle the thing. I tried opening my program and MS Access locally, and all things worked.

However, wehn I ran multiple instances of my App on a LAN, it let all login at once. How can I fix this? Is it caused by that "admin" username that is the same for all Workspaces? If so, how do I change it? If I try it denies me.

Thanks for help.

Hi lorenzodv,

Did you try to set the Access Database to have locking set for all records and not the default (no records locked).

To set the default locking level to all records ..

Select Tools from the Access Menu bar. Then select the Advanced tab and click on the radio button for record locking of "All records".

This only takes effect when a user accesses a table not when the Database is just opened.

Hope that helps.
Englishman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back