Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sharing data between asp pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

dextersmonkey

Programmer
May 4, 2001
US
I am looking for a way to share data between two web apps in something similar to DDE. I can't find anything that is helpful. DOM seems to be what would work best but that seems to apply only to the page you are working on. What I need is to be able to pull data from elements on another page i.e. text fields, check boxes, radio buttons,... and to be able to push data back to those fields also. Is this even possible? I do not have access to the code on the page that I need to push and pull data from, so this is why I am looking for something similar to DDE. Any help and code examples in vbscript preferrably would be greatly appreciated.

If u use ASP u could use Server.Transfer to transfer the execution to another page.
Or u could create an actvex or com object then create in your global.asa and then use in all the pages u want (put a method that store what u need and one to extract...)
________

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back