Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing Calendars with Activesync 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffITman

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2005
US
Here's my problem:

We have a company calendar that everyone uses for all of our appointments. My boss (the owner) wants to see that calendar on his phone. I've explained to him that it's not possible or that i've not come up with a solution for that. So his next question was

"Can't i just sync the company calendar to my personal calendar?"

There is my question. Is this possible? Or is there a solution to see 2 calendars on his phone via activesync?

We are using Exchange 2007 on Server 2003.

Any help is appreciated!

Yes it is possible to sync the company calendar to his calendar.

Is the company calendar a mailbox or a public folder? A public folder would be MUCH better and easier!!!

has an application you can buy that will do it with ease.

It's actually just an additional calendar in his mailbox. He created a Calendar, called it 'Company Calendar', then sent out sharing requests to the people in the office that needs to see it. So, is there a way to tell activesync which calendar to look at?

>A public folder would be MUCH better and easier!!!

It is interestiong to note that Microsoft's attempts to get rid of public folders are continually undermined by people finding a use for them ...

Ah bum...I *like* public folders and they are supported until 2016...

By all means implement a sharepoint portal for it but a PF is faster!

Zelandakh,

Would you mind telling me how to sync public folder calendar with personal calendar?

Thanks!

cc929

Yes by all means - go to the site I mentioned and buy the product that does the syncing.

I also just tested this on my blackberry (I don't have a blackberry server) and I have no issues synching a folder within the public folders tree, based on instructions from the Link I posted. You don't need to buy anything for this to work.

Zelandakh & Zoeythecat,

Thanks for your help & I will try it.

cc929

Thanks for the star.....Just got lucky finding that link. This was also something I did not realize could be done. one thing to note though is to be careful not to sync your blackberry calendar with the public folder calendar (I know from experience now), otherwise people will be able to see your personal calendar appointments from your blackberry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back