Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing Calendars for users with Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherpa101

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2000
US
Hey folks,<br>Need someone to point me in the right direction as far as sharing calendars for users. Where is this configured in Exchange or is this an Outlook issue or Schedule Plus thing or what.&nbsp;&nbsp;I don't think my Exchange book addresses it.<br>

Assuming all users are using Calendar within Exchange and not just using their desk diary (don't laugh - it happens more often than you might think):<br><br>Joe Bloggs goes to his calendar and creates a new meeting. There is an attendee tab. Click on this and add another person under Joe's name. This will query the calendar of the other user.<br><br>Is this what you want?

This is an Outlook client issue. Mary, who wants to share her calendar with Joe, would open Outlook on her workstation, right click on the Calendar shortcut in the Outlook bar and select properties. Then she would select the permissions tab, select &quot;add&quot; and select Joe.<br>Then Joe would open the control panel on his workstation, double click &quot;mail and fax&quot;, select the properties of the Exchange server and on the Advanced tab, select Add to open Mary's mailbox. Because permission is only given on the Mary's calendar, that is all that Joe will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back