Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing Calendars and tasks in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsquid

IS-IT--Management
Oct 14, 2003
US
In searching through the forum thread, I notice that there are several messages regarding sharing calendars and task lists in Outlook on a small to medium network.

I am interested in some information on that. We are a small shop<50 users and are currently on Microsoft Mail (ok I'll wait until you finish laughing).

We are going to implement Win2k3 server later this year, and of course Microsoft mail goes away for internal mail. I know that 2k3 has a POP and SMTP server that could be used for internal mail, but the question remains what to do with calendaring and task lists.

I know that Exchange is an answer but it seems like the smashing of an ant with a sledgehammer.

In a couple of threads that are in this forum, people recommend several software packages, netpab and workgroupshare. I am interested in what anyone thinks on this subject. We really haven't decided how to proceeed, and are looking for advice

Jerry

We are currently using Outlook 2000, but have Outlook XP inhouse and will upgrade to that.

All of the clients are win2000 or XP Pro.
Current NT4.0 Servers.

We have just installed a product called WorkgroupShare, see

for details. It is based of a per seat basis and we have it running on XP/2000/98 (clients) and Windows 2000 Server (as the server part). It will run on Outlook 2000 to 2003 (we use Outlook 2002). It is really easy to install/administer. I do not know whether if will work on Win2K (although I cant see why not!). You can download a trial version from their website.

Regards,

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back