Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing Access 2000 databases with Filemaker Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgharris

Technical User
Jan 25, 2000
US
A colleague of mine, &quot;Debbie&quot; at work is trying to email a copy of a large database to &quot;Brian.&quot;&nbsp;&nbsp;Both Debbie and I use Access 2K on Wintel machines, Brian uses Filemaker Pro on an IMac.<br><br>Debbie has sent the database as comma-delimited ASCII that Brian can read (sort of), but cannot sucessfully upload into Filemaker Pro.&nbsp;&nbsp;Anybody have any ideas?<br><br>Thanks in advance, <br>Tony <br><br> <p>Tony Harris<br><a href=mailto:tgharris@techie.com>tgharris@techie.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

what version of filemaker pro is being used.<br><br>the latest version has the odbc drivers included with it.<br><br>I am about to try and do a similar thing with an acess 97 and 2000 database. I will post my findings when I am done.<br><br>good luck

If it helps, Brian is using Filemaker Pro 4.1v1.&nbsp;&nbsp;I don't know if it has the ODBC drivers.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>I gave him a Windows-to-Mac text translation utility.&nbsp;&nbsp;No feedback on that yet. <p>Tony Harris<br><a href=mailto:tgharris@techie.com>tgharris@techie.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I read csv files from pc's all the time on my mac using filemkaer pro.&nbsp;&nbsp; <p>John Durbin<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253

The problem may come from having commas in the data fields, which may be fooling the import into thinking that there are extra fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back