Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing a Windows Network Printer on my Mac-Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanConsulting

Programmer
Jan 11, 2002
US
Hello, I am fairly new with Mac's. I have been using PC's for almost 20 years. Here is what I would like to do: I have a PC with a HP ink jet printer installed on it. I want to be able to share that printer with my Mac-Mini. I found an article explaining how to do it but it does not seem to work for me. I have setup the printer on the PC to be a shared printer and I have went to the Mac and went to the Printer Configuration and selected "Windows Printers" and at that point it does not see the printer on the network.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Noble

---------------------------------------
Noble D. Bell

Did you go to system prefs/print and fax and click Add? The Windows printer should have then given you a selection for the network so you can pick.

Make sure both the windows machine and printer are on when you do this.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Yes, I have tried that and still nothing. I get to the "Printer Browser" and select my network but it does not list any printers. My PC is on and so is the printer. I know I should have everything setup properly because I can share the printer on a Windows laptop without any problems. I am sure that it is something that I have done wrong or not setup right. Any more thoughts?

Thanks,
Noble

---------------------------------------
Noble D. Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back