Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing a secondary calenday

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawii

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to share a seconday calendar in outlook 2000? I have a user who wants to share a calendar but not her main calendar. I have created another calendar under the main calendar and given permission to users but can't figure out how they can get to it. When you go to Open Other Users folder but it only offers up the main folders, not the user create ones.

You need to right click on the new calendar and give premissions to the person you want to share with. Then in the other person's outlook, you need to add their mailbox (if you are running exchange, then it is Tools/Services/Microsoft Exchange/properties, advanced add mailbox. Then the person opens up their folder list and they will see the users mailbox and anything that they have shared. Hope this is clear, if not, let me know. Good Luck jbead JBead

I am trying to do this same thing. I follow the instructions here and indeed the users can see my secondary calendar...but they can also see my main calendar. I do not want them to see my main calendar, only my secondary one.

They clearly have permissions only to my secondary calendar (I also have to give them "reviewer" permissions to top level Exchange Mailbox otherwise they will get an error. That is what I found at other sites.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back