Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing a folder in Inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

molecul3

Technical User
Apr 17, 2003
HK
Hi all,

I was just reading up on the topic of sharing a folder in your Outlook Inbox. Here is what I did...

1. From the root folder "Mailbox - username", right-click > Sharing > Add user A > choose appropriate Permission e.g. Reviewer.
2. Go to Inbox > Sharing > Add user A > choose appropriate Permission e.g. Reviewer.
3. Go to (sub-folder) in Inbox > Sharing > Add user A > choose appropriate Permission e.g. Reviewer.

Technically, this should have enabled sharing for (sub-folder) to user A correct?

Now, I want to "Send a link to this folder" to user A. So I right click on the (sub-folder) but the "Send a link to this folder" is greyed out. Am I doing something wrong or is it not meant to work this way?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi

Send a link to this folder doesn't work on my Outlook either.

The way I have always done this is to set up the sharing as you have done via the right click > sharing menu, and then on the other user's computer go Files > Open > Other User's Folder. That always works.

I'm not sure though that you can share subfolders - Open Other User's Folder only allows main Outlook folders e.g. Inbox, Calendar etc.

Someone else may correct me and know a way to do it though!

Hope this helps.

Stuart

Thanks for your reply Stuart.
I was reading an article which mentioned about that "Send a link to this folder" function.
It is pretty handy if it works.. I wasn't sure if it was a permission problem (causing it to be greyed out) or something I was doing wrong which was not causing that option to work i.e. sharing the sub-folder incorrectly.

From what I read, it is possible to share sub-folders...

Hopefully someone can shed some light.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back