Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sharing a database

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipe26

Programmer
Mar 17, 2003
PT
hi i have an application with a BDE Database.What procedures i have to consider to share these tables with another pc.How to share a BDE database between two pc's.Thanks.

With BDEAdmin on both PCs sets the section
Configuration/System/Init:

-LOCAL SHARE = true

in case of WinNT/2000/XP:
SHAREDMEMLOCATION = 0x5BDE
SHAREDMEMSIZE = 4096 (or 8192)

if you use Paradox:
Sets the section
Configuration/Vriver/Native/PARADOX

- Net Dir : A directory (the same on both PCs) on a network drive (not a local drive like c:) with access from both PCs.

In Delphi:
Set the property "Exclusive" in your TTables or TQueries e to false.

these can be done automatically with the installshield configuration or Delphi or have to be made manually?

You have to do it manually with BDEADMIN.
This values are not default.

yes but these values are stored in the instalation?

Now i have both pc's with the same shared BDE database,but i have a problem.It seems that the refresh button on the Tnavigator doesn't work.the tables are not refreshing when i append new records unless i close and open the table but when i do that obviously goes to the first record.Why refresh button doesn't work??

Do i have to make that on both server and host or just in host?It seems that my tables dont refresh when i insert new records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back