Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharing a Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNDaffy

Technical User
Mar 26, 2001
US
OK we have a database on another computer in our network I need to access this database so that I can save it and move it to my own, everytime I try to access it it asks for a username and password, we haven't set any passwords for this database, I tried copying it on her system and pasting to my hard drive and it still did the asme thing. It's to large to save to a regular floppy, and this an older system we're fixing to move that doesn't have any other source to save to such as a burner. What do you suggest I really need access ot this database, and preferrably the capability to save it to mine so it can be taken off hers.

Just a guess, but this sounds more like a networking issue rather than a secured database issue. Check that you have 'network administrative permissions' and then try and copy it again.
[yinyang]

Are you logged into a database workgroup when you try to access the database? If so, join the regular system workgroup and try to open the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back