Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shareware db to read paradox db files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wekkew

Programmer
Sep 28, 1998
GB
Hi

Have information held in series of paradox db files which I *urgently* need to read the structure of, but no copy of paradox. I know I can import *.db files into Access but I need to see the whole structure (keys, relationships etc) of the entire db.

Anyone know of any shareware; other dbs or how to do this in Access - what would work?

Kate

If you can get a copy of Delphi installed it will also install the Borland Database Engine which will allow you to access .db files. Use the 'Database Desktop' app included with Delphi to open these files and export them as .DBFs.

Unfortunately Borland don't make the BDE installation available on it own - it has to be included as part of a distribution only. So if you can find a Delphi app that uses the BDE you could install it instead of Delphi to get the BDE installed. You'll then need a free delphi app like 'dbexpl32.exe' to access the databases.

If you can't find dbexpl32.exe on the net email me.

Ok, so you wont know my email address - just reply to this thread with your email address and I'll get back to you!

Dominic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back