Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SharePoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigreguy

Technical User
Feb 1, 2003
I am currently running Windows SBS '03 and wanted to install SharePoint Services onto it. This is running on an IBM Netfinity 7000 M10 ....quad pII Xeon 450's with 1 GB ram......if that matters
I did install SQL server...or as much of it that I understand (which is very limited)
Upon opening Windows SharePoint Services I get to the Set Configuration Database Server
Within the Configuration Database area it is asking for
Database server:
SQL Server database name:
with the database server I have tried using the server name.
in the sql text box I located where sql resides within the server and entered the path to it.

No matter what I do I seem to be getting the same error:
[DBNETLIB] Connection Open(Connect()).]SQL does not exist or access denied (Error code:17)

I have been told about SA (super administrator)...I have never heard of this b4...

Can anybody assist me with this?

I really need to get this working and soon.

Tony

Is your SQL install a named instance? What do you see when you open the SQL Administrator?

Phil Hegedusich
Senior Programmer/Analyst
IIMAK
-----------
I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa.

My understanding of this is unfortunatly limited (so far)
I don't understand the queston...
SQL Administrator?

what ver sql ? you need sp 3 on if its 2000.. is sql icon running in bottom left?? type the sql name from there..

hope it helps u

i just installed today :)

Stand up wherever you are, go to the nearest window and yell as loud as you can, 'I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore.'

Thank you all for the assistance. What I had to do was to forget about SQL. That was sending me down the wrong road......
I performed a couple of updates and reinstalled SP.

Also SP needed to access its default database.......

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back