Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint slowness query

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatdog302

Technical User
Jun 12, 2002
AU
This might be more to do with IIS but here goes...

sharepoint is the default website. I have added a DNS entry called bluediamond which is going to be the name of the sharepoint site. When the site is browsed in IE using it is very sluggish, if i use (server name)it is quick and responsive.

Any ideas or thoughts?

I don't know much about IIS (mty first experience of it has been through SharePoint - the phrase "baptism of fire" springs to mind!) but could it be to do with server-side caching?

We have a SharePoint dev server which isn't used every day. When the first person goes to one of the sites it can take 10+ seconds to load the page. Then it runs at normal speed. I've always assumed this to be to do with caching within any one of SQL Server, SharePoint and IIS.

If someone goes to one of your bluediamond pages for a second time in quick succession, is it still slow or does it speed up? If it speeds up then perhaps IIS is caching separately for the two DNS routes.

Or perhaps I've just displayed the depth of my ignorance about IIS... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back