Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sharepoint services 3.0 security help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookouri

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2000
US
I just installed sharepoint 3.0 on a test server that is a member server of our 2003 native domain. Everything is set up with defaults so far. The problem I have is that only the user who installed sharepoint can access the sharepoint server from the network. We added another domain user to the sharepoint site and gave them full rights to everything so that this user account rights match the user who installed the sharepoint site. But, this second user only gets an access denied message when they try to open the sharepoint site from teh network. I cant find anything to help so far in getting users access to sharepoint. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Sharepoint is configured by default too use integrated windows authentication and I have tried switching between kerberos and NTLM and basic authentication but none of these changes make any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back