Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uptime

Technical User
Feb 12, 2002
US
I'm having a problem with out SBS 2003 server and could use some help. Everything has been working fine. Last Thursday night we had an extended power failure and the server went down. Power came back on and we restarted and since then I can't access RWW from outside. From inside the network everything seems fine. I tried re-booting the server again and no change. Checking the event viewer I see an Event ID 1000 - Windows Sharepoint Services 2.0 error with description "#50070: Unable to connect to the database STS_Config onservername\SharePoint. This error occurs on each restart and does not appear prior to the power problem Thursday night making me think it is the cause. I'm not an expert on Sharepoint and would greatly appreciate advice on fixing this problem.

Thanks,

Rich

Check the event logs, and check that your sharepoint services are running, to start with

After trying a bunch of things it turned out to not be the server at all. The problem turned out to be in the router sitting between the SBS2003 and the internet. The power failure affected that as well.

That's one of the great things about event logs. You can always find something wrong even when there isn't.

Noveyron -Thanks for the help and the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back