Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sharepoint integration question (dashboard authentication)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimst

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
NL
I have made a concept dashboard in which a couple of reports (made in Report Designer) are opened.
I have two users in this test: the administrator and user1.

The administrator and user1 both can log in to the main page ( but when the user1 doubleclicks on the dashboard he gets an error 'Access Denied;. Log in as a different user'. The administrator can (of course) navigate further to the dashboard.

all the pages (including the dashboard) are checked in and published.

I tried searching for answers, but haven't quite found the right one (yet).

Thanks for your advise.

Extra information:
I have made a sharepoint group and within this group one user (the same user who needs access to the dashboard site)
My shareponit site collection has two sites: 1 general site, and 1 specific site with specific information.
Authorisation (contributed, full control or read as property) to the specific site for the one user in the group works just fine.

As administrator i try to set the permissions for the dashboard part, but that seems not to be possible.
When klik on the general heading that says "Dashboards" and then in this library, click on arrow at the dashboardpage, (the menu appear in which the command 'manage permissions' appears), then click on manage permissions, the permissions of the specific site appear, instead of (what i expected) the permissions of the dashboard.

Per dashboard item i can set target audiences; and i have added in one (for testing) the group, but nevertheless when i log in as the user, the specific site is available, and even when i set the permissions for the site on full control and the user is able to set permissions for the dashboard, the user stil can not open the dashboard.aspx; result then still is: Access denied...

Makes me wonder if i need to set permission somewhere else? (Looked at the SharedServices1 configuration part of the SharePoint administration, but couldn't find any helpfull items there actually. The audience part there let me set permissions, but there where also no possibilities to find the user or set the users permissions).

Please advise....

-Dims

"Wearing sunglasses won't help taking my brightness away"

update:
I have found a part of the solution:
I thought i had published a major version of the dashboard page, but appearantly i did not.

Upcoming question is though:
Why can i only view the dashboard when i give the user FULL CONTROL rights. When the user has read and/or view rights, he cannot get access to the dashboard (same error as mentioned in the beginning of my post)

please advise

-Dims

"Wearing sunglasses won't help taking my brightness away"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back