Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SharePoint HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanny

MIS
Oct 5, 2005
US
Hi Guys,

I'm fairly new to Sharepoint and was wondering a few things. I have sited other websites that have been developed by sharepoint but i don't know how to change the default layout.

Also, I have a few .ASP pages that are using Access Database, how can I transfer those page to the portal?

Like I said I'm a beginner at this. I have read the guides that I found on Microsoft.com but still need help. Please help me. I have to implement this Portal for the company by the end of November and I don't have any idea how I'm going to do it. Thank you all.

to host your custom apps under sharepoint:

(brief description here)
1/ create virtual directories under your website through IIS manager
2/ add these to your excluded paths (sharepoint central admin)
3/ deploy your custom code to these directories

make sure *.asp extension is enabled in IIS

about customizing sharepoint:

also good :
and get a license for Frontpage 2003, you can't administrate without it....

hth
//Bart

Thanks Bart for your help.

How can I add a Zone to the layout. Basically...I want to create a different look instead of the default layout. So you have any idea where I can get indepth information? Please let me know Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back