Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint Foundation Workflow on a Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamkovaks

Programmer
Sep 20, 2012
DE
Hi Guys,

I am really struggling with Foundation and its limitations. In the past I have used enterprise which is much easier!

My problem is that I need to create a document library which will hold expenditure request forms. I have created a form template in Word 2007 as it holds the server properties and can populate the list columns. I need a workflow that will kick off once a file is uploaded to the list and email the first approver. Once they have approved it i will be using a second workflow to go to the next approval level etc. My main problem is i have never had to create a workflow before!

I managed to create stage one but it will not initiate automatically. I cant find any tutorials on the web and I have looked everywhere I can think of.

Thing is am I going about the whole thing correctly or should I be using a form library and an infopath form? If i went down that route do people need infopath to be able to complete the form or will it open on any machine?

So I guess in summery my questions are:

[ul]
[li]Which is the best library type and template type for this kind of document?[/li]
[li]How do i get a workflow to initiate automatically?[/li]
[/ul]

1. If you can, use InfoPath to create the template. Once created, publish the template/form to a new library or update an existing one.

2. Use SharePoint Designer for workflows. Workflows can be triggered on item created, updated, or manually.

Suggest you start by digging around Google for these topics:
How to create an InfoPath form.
How to create a SharePoint Designer workflow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back