Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint Foundation 2010 Quicklaunch views/permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

plip1978

Technical User
Aug 22, 2007
GB
I have recently set up standalone Sharepoint Foundation 2010. I've created a number of sites which I've added to the quicklaunch bar.
I've recently added some new users and given them visitor permissions to the main (top level) site, and member permissions to SubSite A. The problem is that they can see a quicklaunch link to SubSite B even though they do not have access. They are NOT included in any of the unique permissions groups for SubSite B. This is the same for SubSite C, but SubSite C does not show in the quick launch bar.
Does anyone have any ideas why this might be the case? I've tried recreating the permissions groups for SubSite B, but this hasn't fixed the problem. Am I going to have to delete SubSite B completely and start it again?
Thanks in advance!

are you sure the user(s) don't have access to SiteB?

In SiteB do this:
Site Actions --> Site Permissions

in the ribbon, click on Check Permissions.

see if your test user shows up.

Thanks for your quick reply ehaze.
Yes, I've checked a test user and it says that the permissions are 'none' on SiteB.
I'm tempted to just delete the site and start again. I haven't done much in that site, but I would like to know what has happened in case it happens again!
Thanks again.

I've solved it!
I deleted SiteB and there was still a link in the quicklink bar to that site. The link in the top bar was gone, but the quicklink one remained. Possibly it had been created somehow and hadn't been connected to the correct permissions.
Anyway, I deleted that from the quicklink menu and recreated SiteB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back