Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint Document Library saving error

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehugedeal

Technical User
Jan 9, 2004
CA
Hello Everyone

If I am looking at a Reporting Services Report and wish to export to pdf, excel, web archive...etc... And save to a Sharepoint Document Library, I have to save locally first then upload to a doc lib. I can’t use a network path to that library when saving as mentioned

This is the error message i get

You Cannot Save in the Folder You Specified. Please Choose Another Location

Now I did my home work and I found an answer why

This is the answer
CAUSE
This issue can occur if the program you are using does not enable you to save files to Web folders. SharePoint Portal Server workspace folders are Web folders. Although Web folders look like local folders on the hard disk, they are designed to manipulate files on a Web server or SharePoint Portal Server computer; therefore, these files behave differently.
WORKAROUND
To work around this behavior, first save the document to the file system on your local computer or a file server share. After you save the document, you can copy or drag the file to a SharePoint Portal Server folder in My Network Places.

Is there a better way to get the reports to Sharepoint? I am trying to automate my reporting using Scheduled Tasks on windows but there is not point if I have to copy and then paste each report.

Use a program like webdrive to map it and you can schedule the task to copy the files.

-Laughter works miracles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back