Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint Default IIS Site Won't Open

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloksin

Technical User
Jun 13, 2004
US
I have just recently installed MOSS 2007 Enterprise on a dedicated server in our farm. I have all the necessary admin users created in Active Directory. SQL Server 2005 is installed. Sharepoint search services is running, and Shared Services is running. The default site created on port 80 by sharepoint will not open. I continue to get a page cannot be found or page is under construction error.

Can anyone assist me with this?

is there any errors in the application logs on the server?

carl
MCSD, MCTS:MOSS

Can you get into the Sharepoint Central Administration site? If so have you created an initial application and site collection?

There are no errors in the App log. Yes I can get into the Central Admin site, as well as the Shared Services site. Am I wrong in thinking that the default welcome to sharepoint site should be able to be opened at this point, without having to create my own app and site collection?

The only thing that will show to start with is your central admin console - you need to create an application and site collection before you get an actual sharepoint site to play with.

Regards

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back