Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint DataList Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwt002

MIS
Jun 16, 2005
US
Hello,
I'm new to Sharepoint, and a previous employee had setup Sharepoint 2010 Standard in our environment and I am trying to learn it.
I am trying to create a page that will connect to a SQL database using a Stored Procedure. I would like the user to pass variables to the stored procedure from some input controls on the site.
From the Sharepoint Designer I see an option for ASP.NET Controls, So I selected a Datalist control from that list. I was able to insert the control and connect it to my Data Source, and in the Designer it is displaying the schema.

When I go to "Preview in Browser", I'm getting:

Error:
Web Part Error: The file you imported is not valid. Verify that the file is a Web Part description file (*.webpart or *.dwp) and that it contains well-formed XML

Does anyone know how to resolve this error? I thought it would be pretty straight forward using the controls that already exist in the Designer.

Just FYI, I was originally going to try using External Content Types with a Filter Webpart, based on some blogs we read. I was able to get the External Content Type to work with an "External Lists", but I did not have the Wepart "Filter" category. From what I read, it seems like that may be because we are using SP Standard CALs.

If ya'll can think of an easier/better way to accomplish what we need, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back