Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint customization questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wootoid

Technical User
Jul 26, 2008
US
So, I have run into a few issues that I have been unable to get a direct answer for. I am using Sharepoint Designer for 80% of what I am trying to do, and I am using MOSS 2007. I have been shying away from InfoPath, as we do not have 2007 and 2003s limitations seem to be preventing the exact things I need it to be able to do in other areas.

I have been looking for ways to customize the message that gets sent out from a task list to the person it is assigned to. I would like it to display more dynamic information based on information that was submitted via a list’s NewForm or EditForm (if an item was selected then its field would display, otherwise it would be left off the form) as well as have buttons for approvals. I would like to know if this is possible or if I should look for other options.

I am also looking for a way to have a custom list form that can submit to different lists based on the button pressed. Or have a button that will submit data on the list form and then begin a workflow. I want people to be able to ‘save’ their forms and return to send them for approval later or send it for approval on submission.

Also, is there anyway that you know of that an approval on a workflow could keep track of who the approver was without having to resort to using the reports. I am looking at simply populating a list field when a button is pressed, but I would like to know if there is something that I have simply missed.

Any help on any one of these will be appreciated

Aren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back