Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint and other databases

Status
Not open for further replies.

willscarlet

Technical User
Jul 10, 2002
GB
I have installed WSS V2 and sql server 2000 rather than MSDE on my Windows Server 2003 box. This is all working OK.

I have successfully created my own databases using the servername\sharepoint sql server instance. I used Enterprise Manager on the 2003 server to do this.

Using Access 2003 on the 2003 server where sharepoint is installed I can happily access my own databases.

I now want to use FrontPage to create a data driven website but the release notes for SBS said don't install Frontpage on the sharepoint server.

I installed Frontpage 2003 on a Windows XP Pro workstation on the same network as the win 2003 server but neither Access 2003 nor Frontpage 2003 can attach to the databases I created. I get sql server does not exist or access denied. Frontpage does work OK with local sharepoint subwebs.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back