Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint and Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouistech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2007
US
I have a question for someone. My family has a Group through MSN. I have SBS 2003 installed at home on a server. I also have sharepoint installed on it. Can i create a similar thing to msn's groups on sharepoint. I want everyone in my family to have a login and password to login sharepoint. Which i know how to do that. Is there a way to set it up similar. Or should i be looking at a different Application?

I bought a domain that i want to use for my own family group.

Thanks to all.

You will need create active directory accounts ideally on your domain controller. I guess MSN groups is some sort of social networking thing, so the best thing SharePoint has to offer out of the box regarding that would be the MySites web application.

Setup your internal name differently to the external DNS name though. So if you brought mydomain.com have your internal name as mydomain.internal when you setup DNS.

If you need help setting up AD and DNS please post in the Windows forums.

Thanks,

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back