Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint & Google Analytics

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbood

IS-IT--Management
Dec 21, 2001
AE
Hi ,

I wonder if anybody can help me please !

How can I apply Google Analytics code to sharepoint 2003 pages (all pages) ?

A fast answer would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time & effort.

I'm not too sure about this, but since every page uses the masterpage "default.master", maybe try putting it inside the master page and see if it works.

SurvivorTiger ,

Thanks for the answer , the master pages exists only in sps2007 & not 2003 . I'm using sharepoint 2003.

Thanks

Sharepoint 2003 has something similar built into it. I was able to get the reports I needed by following pages 622-625 of "Microsoft Sharepoint 2003 Unleashed" (second edition) by Colin Spence and Michael Noel. It's a SAMS publication.

I hope this helps!
Rosalie

rosaliem,

Thank you for the help... Do you mean usage report ?.. I did that.. but the customer wants google analytics.

Thanks

Yes, the usage report... Sorry it isn't what your customer was looking for. I haven't tried the GA as the usage report was able to satisfy what my bosses were looking for.

Rosalie

You can add GA to most of the pages (not necessarily all, since in SharePoint you can create a "blank" page starting from scratch without picking up any of the default templates)

There are a number of template files that you can edit at your own risk (ie ows.js for example) to add what is described here:

If you are looking for detailed tracking as to what people are doing in SharePoint, as outlined by others there is some page tracking, or third party auditing software (Syntergy's Audit for SharePoint)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back