Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint Administrator and FPSE problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcranford

MIS
May 18, 2000
US
I'm new to the SA and FPSE; however, I believe I've followed all of the steps. I've installed IIS and FPSE on a Win2K3 server. The install seems to go well. None of the components (hit counter, email, etc..) work however. I've extended FPSE through SA and get a return of 5.0.2.6738. That "extend" link seems to be the only thing working. None of the buttons seem to do anything. They depress as expected and popup rather fast. I'm never redirected to another screen. Any new user or role never gets created. The "Select All" option doesn't do anything either.

Every time I go into fpadmdll.dll it prompts me for a username and password; I don't know if that is normal. The only version on the server for this is 10.0.6308.

The server extensions were installed from the CD..never downloaded as I've seen on other discussions. I've uninstalled and reinstalled IIS so much, I wouldn't be surprised if it has become corrupted someway.

One more thing...when I tried to install FPSE inside of IIS, the gears never leave the screen. This is why I went to SA to do it another way.

Any ideas out there?

Deon Cranford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back