Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sharepoint 2010 Survey - Create questions from a list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2011
PK
I have a list of reports in our business and what i want to do is send out a survey to every user asking them a set of questions per report. For each report we want to ask the following questions:

Do you use the report? Y/N How often do you use it? Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly/Annually Is this report sent out externally? Y/N

So do you think this is possible using a Sharepoint Survey? A point in the right direction would be good.

Thanks

There is about 300 reports and we're trying to determine which ones are in use and which ones are not. I think doing a survey for each report would for one take a lot of time and two wouldn't be very user friendly. It may turn out that sharepoint may not be the answer to this issue, but i'm sure sharepoint must be able to offer something other than a survey for each report?

I'm thinking now a workflow from a list maybe the only route.

Is it possible to create a workflow similar to the "Collect Feedback" workflow, but caputure feedback from multiple users?

I tried creating a WF in Designer to collect feedback from people in a SharePoint Group, and it only created one item in my Task list.

The Task Assigned To is set to the SharePoint Group, not each user in that group.

I imagine you were wanting it to create a Task for each user in the group?

I'll keep thinking about this and report back once I have something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back