Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SharePoint 2010 - Not displaying some Folders contents since upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

HICT

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2011
GB
Hi guys ...

We have recently upgraded our Moss 2007 server to 2010 with SP 1. This was an inplace upgrade on a Server 2008 R2 machine.

Since the upgrade we have a problem with some folders showing that they are empty.

However, if instead of clicking into the folder, i click 'View Properties' from the drop down menu on the folder, then click 'Open' on the new dialogue, it takes me to the folder and the contents is shown.

As an additional note, if i click into one of the folders and it shows as empty, then choose 'Actions' > 'Open with Windows Explorer' I get the error message :
"Your client does not support opening this list with Windows Explorer"

I do not get this error on folders that display contents correctly.

Additional Info:

This is happening with folders that were present when we upgraded, and also new folders we are currently populating.

We populate these folder almost exclusively through the explorer view.

The libraries are picture and document libraries and contain mixed content.

There are no complex permissions in place, and it happens to all users with permission on the library.

It doesn't happen with all folders within a library, only some.

It happens on Windows 7 and XP machines
It happens in IE 8 and 9

There is no versioning or filtering enabled.

If i map a network drive to the site i can see all libraries, folders and content without issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

HICT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back