Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SharePoint 2010 Linking to Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRCrawford

Technical User
Mar 8, 2012
US
I am in charge of implimenting a Sharepoint site for my department and the use of forms is vital. The forms are designed and ready to go and I can personally test the forms, launching from the design view in InfoPath. The trick is, when I copy the link to put on our Sharepoint site, the link that copies is the DESIGN view of the form. Not the actual form. When an in-house customer clicks the link to open a form, I need them to see the launched form, not the skeletal version. Yet when I right-click and copy the form link, it always gives me the design no matter what. Where is the launched form link kept? Can anyone help me? I'm sure it's got to be a simple solution.

I have done a search for solutions and was surprised to not find any similar questions from others running into the same issue.

I found a similar post in a different forum that sums up the problem better than I have, so I will quote it here:

"...one such dilemma was that a department here had a Publishing Page with a list of links that presented the user to go directly to a number of NewItem Forms for the various List on that department’s site. In 2007 this was a great arrangement as it would link directly to the "New" Form. However, in SharePoint 2010, the forms are presented in a modal AJAX dialog and are not fully functional when called directly."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back