Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SharePoint 2010 Left Nav from Custom List

Status
Not open for further replies.

knoxvillenate

Programmer
Jun 17, 2011
US
I have a SharePoint site I am using as a "Business Portal". I have built a series of Content Areas/'portlets' on the front page using the List View Web Part and getting content from a custom list. The custom list is a list of ALL links for the front page with a column i use to determine which 'portlet' each link is assigned to. This works great to display a dynamic set of links for navigation...on a PAGE. However, i would like all SUB PAGES to have all of these links on the LEFT NAV instead of the default left nav. Is there a way to modify the L NAV for a site to query a custom list and display these links dynamically. I don't want to have to manually build the nav in the SITE SETTINGS. I also don't want to add a webpart zone and have to build the webpart into each page. I would like it to be part of the .master.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back