Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SharePoint 2010 foundation designer workflow multiple task creation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

plip1978

Technical User
Aug 22, 2007
GB
Hi,
I've been trying to set up a workflow on a list using sharepoint designer 2010. I have two fields in my list that i want the workflow to create a task for when i change their status. For for field1 if i change from 'not received' to 'received' then create a task 'complete field1 work'. I want a similar thing to happen for field2 - creating a seperate task.
I've tried creating 2 if blocks, but only the first one runs. I've also tried putting these 2 if blocks inside a run parallel section, but i get an error when i edit the list.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Thanks ehaze.
I have kind of sorted the problem by creating two workflows that run on the list. One had the 'if field1 is...' and the other has the field2 if statement. It's not very elegant, but it seems that the sharepoint foundation 2010 designer workflow is fairly limited anyway.
Are there any better (free) ways of designing workflows for sharepoint?
Thanks for the link too, it is very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back