Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SharePoint 2010 + Dynamics GP + CRM + Excel Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

toodorH

MIS
Jun 20, 2012
CA
Hi

I have a request from some of the teams at my company and I am wondering if it is possible without too much development outside of SharePoint and how it can be achieved.

Basically we want to create a customer profile for each customer the company has and this data is currently stored in Microsoft CRM, Microsoft Dynamics GP and some is in Excel spread sheets.

So I would need to pull all this data from the respective databases and the spread sheets and display it on SharePoint somehow. We are currently using PerformancePoint services to display sales data but I don't know if PerformancePoint is the right tool to use for this customer profile. To me it seems like it mostly displays numerical data while this profile would have a lot of customer information like contact details, rating, contracts etc.

So my question to you guys is...what tool is in place in SharePoint to display this kind of data? Would it be SQL Server Reporting Services? Keep in mind that the data needs to automatically update on SharePoint at some sort of interval to represent changes in database data or new additions.

Thank You!

Tudor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back