Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ShareData problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2002
US
Hi all!

I'm having a problem with ShareData. I've done it before, but it was a long time ago! I am writing the app with PB6.5 and it appears to be sharing the data ok, but I have one dw (freeform) for maint and the other is a grid dw. I want the freeform dw to change when I select a row in the grid dw, but it's not doing it. Here's the details:

freeform dw is dw_1
grid dw is dw_2

In my window open event I have:

dw_2.SetTransObject(SQLCA)
dw_2.Retrieve()
dw_2.ShareData(dw_1)

In the clicked and doubleclicked events of dw_2 I have:

This.SelectRow(0, FALSE)
this.SetRow(row)
This.SelectRow(row, TRUE)

It is selecting the row fine in dw_2, but dw_1 is not changing. Can someone give me a hand? I think I'm having a brain fart! Thanks!!

Chris

In clicked/doubleclicked event for dw_2, just by setting row will not trigger setting row for dw_1. You will have to write some extra code for setting the row in dw_1 and also scrolling to the current row.

write the following code in the clicked/doubleclicked event after what you have already written.

dw_1.setrow(row)
dw_1.scrolltorow(row)

Hi,

dws do not automatically sync row-scrolling with other sharing dws (although this synchronizing should have been implemented in the ShareData() function itself).

Further, Clicked!/DoubleClicked! events are not the right place to synchronize row-scrolling in sharing dws. The right place to sync row-scrolling is the RowFocusChanged! event. If clicking/double-clicking involves rowfocus-change, RowFocusChanged! event fires, anyway. However, if we sync the row-scrolling from Clicked!/DoubleClicked! events, row-scrolling is forced each time these events are triggered although the rowfocus itself may not have changed.

Regards,

Scott
----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back