Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Variable type functionality in SSRS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eo

MIS
Apr 3, 2003
Hi,

I have a report with two data sets. Each in its owm matrix.

For example:
Code:
Dataset1
========

Year1 Year2
GWP 10000 25000
NUP 11000 13200

Dataset2
========

Year1 Year2
GWP 05000 20000
NUP 10000 13000

I need to create a third matrix that shows the movements between Dataset1 and Dataset2, but due to complexities in the Stored Proc that serves as the datasource of this report, I cannot create this in the stotred proc as Dataset3.

I know in Crystal reports it was possible to create formulas or even shared variables which can be used elsewhere. For example the 10000 value for the GWP - Year1 intersection is simply sum(GWP) where Dataset = 1
I can then create a similar formula for Dataset 2, and then calculate the movement that way using an expression.

Is this possible in SSRS 2005?

EO
Hertfordshire, England

You cannot really query different datasets that way - depending on the report layout though you may be able to use the reportitems group to look at differences between specific cells in the matrix

Rgds, Geoff

We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colours but they all live in the same box.

Please read FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back