Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Variable Exports Zero (0) to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dleewms

Programmer
Aug 19, 2001
US
We are using Crystal Reports XI release 2 (bundled with MAS500). I've added a subreport to the page header section of my main report. I also created a shared variable in the subreport and corresponding shared variable in the main report. The shared variable is placed in my Group Footer #2 section and when previewing the Crystal Report, the CORRECT VALUE is returned. However, when I export this same report to Microsoft Excel, the value of the shared report is zero.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

Using Crystal Reports 2008 the same behaviour seems to occur i.e. a formula using a shared variable from a sub-report placed in the Page Header section fails to export correctly to Excel when choosing Microsoft Excel (97 to 2003) Data Only.

I tried it with a shared stringVar and I got the same issue - this time it exported blank text as opposed to a 0.

I moved the sub-report to the Report Header and it exported the formula with the shared stringVar successfully.
I then moved the sub-report back to the Page Header and it is now exporting successfully.

So that may be a simple fix for the problem (bug?).

Gordon
Crystalize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back