Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shared storage for HACMP configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogniemi

Technical User
Nov 7, 2003
PL
is the any alternative for SSA, ESS, EMS...
I am looking for something not so expensive.

Maybe someone heard-experiences IBM boxes SCSI compability with following products:

meybe you know the another solution for shared filesystems in HACMP configuration?

best regards,
Mark

Third party SCSI disk array that support 2 hosts,( DAS ).
Dothill SANNET II disk array, ( SAN ).
I have installed both two type disk array in HACMP,
All of them can work fine.

hi ,

This depends on whether you are planning for growth in the furture and having alot of clients who have access to storage space , which is chargeable to the client according to how much space you have.

In this scenario we use EMC in a HACMP environment using EMC Powerpath software as IBM's MPIO driver is not supported in a HACMP environment where you have dual paths to disks.

The servers have fibre cards connected to the EMC.

This solution requires you to have ample backup space and method in place i.e. Tivoli, legato where the data is backed up onto disk first then to a tape library .

As you probably have gathered this solution can be very expensive , the alternative is :-

Having SSA disk storage ( I think its like the sseries )
which is compatible and works with IBM and HACMP cluster.
Here you can have one or more SSA disk enclosure connected to each server. The disks are connected so that each server can see all the disks . If you have remote sites , you'll have to install fibre to connect the SSA disks.

This solution is cheaper , and backups can be done locally either script them ,or use backup software depending on how much data you have.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back