Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared printer not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

csone

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2008
US
I have a printer shared on my home workgroup that can be seen by my wireless laptop, but will not print. I have set up everything to the best of my knowledge but cannot get it to work. When I try to print from the wireless laptop it has the printer properties but says the ink is empty. The wired PC that the printer is attached to shows the ink at full level. When trying to print wirelessly i get an error saying printer is not responding. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

The only thing I can think of is to update the printer drivers on both PCs to the latest version from the printer manufacturer's web site.

If that doesn't work, uninstall the printer from the laptop then reinstall it with it physically connected to the laptop. Make sure that it prints properly, then move it back to the other PC and add the shared network printer to the laptop again.

Regards

Nelviticus

what ap are u using, any restrictions set there?
what os are u using, how is ur workgroup setup?

Try stopping and starting the spooler service. On my wife's laptop, if the printer goes to sleep, for some reason you have to restart the spooler [ponder]

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

uninstall current drivers and reinstall them. on the host pc, once thats sucessfull uninstall the printer on your laptop and reinstall the printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back