Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Printer/Computer Access Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdonalds

MIS
Jan 9, 2004
US

One Windows 2000 domain with vpn tunnel between two subnets/physical locations. Can ping by netbios name and ip address from location 1 to location 2. However, I cannot browse my network places to pc's/printers from 1 to 2. Had been working for past couple years. I cannot as domain admin access the admin share i.e. \\computer-name\c$ Any suggestions?

What is the setting for the local gateway address?

Is there anything showing up in the Event Viewer?

WinXP Connectivity Issues
faq779-4625

printing issue in XP Pro
thread779-929941

Is there any interference being caused by any firewall or other security software.

My Laptop is Invisible to Network
thread779-1024881

See if System Restore will get you back to a restore point before your problem with Sharing.

Cannot Access Shared Files or Browse Computers in Workgroup

try and open a share from the command line or remote cmd ... you'll get an error message which will porint you in the right direction. Looks for something like 'no logon servers available' or something to that effect. Have you checked the domain account of the machine? It may have fallen out of synch with your domain and you simply need to flush it and readd it back again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back