Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shared printer becomes offline while printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieljohn

Technical User
Oct 8, 2002
Hi,

My printer is giving a unique problem since the past few days.
When i am printing locally it prints perfectly, but when i share it and give the print job frm another system it starts printing but after printing one page it becomes offline.
i have scanned the system for Viruses and also ran the Fxbgbear.exe.
But the problem still persists.
Would like your help to solve the Printer Mystery.

If you really was Virus, it would damage your printer Files, so you must to Delete and Add your printer again, i had a similar error, but in some times you must to Erase the UNIDRV.DLL File "in Windows\System" Directory, this File is the principal Engine to Print.
If have some kind of problem to restore, you can Find it in the "Driver13.CAB" file from your Win98 CD.

This kind of damage was for the OPASERV Virus.

Good Luck !!!

What kind of OS on the 2 machines? Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Thanks Yamcha for the update i will try

and edfair both the pcs are win98

I have the same problem... I follow the yamcha's instructions and not be solve. You solve this problem?, if so, please tell me the solution.

Regards.

Hi Oxigen !!

You may have a special kind of printer, may be a DeskJet or another printer like this.

In some cases, the Universal printer Drivers, contained in Win98 CD, don't work correctly with some type of printers, if that is the case, you must to install the Original drivers from your printer.
You can download from Internet.

here you have a very nice Driver Page:

Good Luck !!

Hi yamcha!!
I really preciate your help.

Pd.
My printer is a Hp Laserjet 6MP and my operating system is W98. I download a driver from Hp site but don't work. Really...this is a printer mystery for me.

Regards.

Ok, Try to Delete your Printer Port and reinstall, it could help you. Delete all the printer, and then the Port and restart, the PC must to find the Printer port again. Reinstall the Printer.

I do not have another idea, generally it resolve the printer problems.
This is an stupid question i know, but have you tryed to change your paralell printer cable?

Good Luck !!

YEAH!!! this work!!!
Thanks Yamcha!!! you are Wonderful.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back