Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Params not working when range is used

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlohrey

Technical User
Oct 16, 2002
US
I've written a report that displays a balance forward - then lists all charges (subreport)-- then all checks(subreport)-- then new balance at the bottom. Its a statement for vendors. To get the opening balance, I use 2 subreports, one to get the sum of all charges and pass the value to the main report and the other subreport to get the sum of all checks and pass it to the main report. Then I have a formula field netting the two shared values to come up with the "beginning balance". This works fine if I ask for one vendor's data. As soon as I ask for a range of vendor numbers, I get ALL beginning balances as 0.00!
I've looked at the threads relating to this and tried all the ideas of initializing in same/different sections. Also tried putting the subreports in different places. The thinkg that's different with my report from the other person's (YA) is if I ask for the statement for one vendor it displays the beginning balance correctly. The minute I ask for a range... it goes to 0.00.
Is this a problem with Crystal? I checked out c2009780 - but I'm using 8.5. Any other ideas out there from you Crystal gurus would be greatly appreciated!
-N

Check the record selection formula in your subreport.

Then execute the report, and check the SQL Query (in the sub) to see what is being passed.

I've no idea where you are doing any of this, but if it works for one, it should work for all.

You might try playing with the subreport record selection formula.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back