Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

bairdt

Technical User
Feb 2, 2004
US
I'm running SharePoint 2003 Services on a server called INTRANET. My primary site is called Everything is working perfectly.

I'm trying to find the best practices and need suggestions for either a web part or page. Here is what I'm trying to do.

I have a list of subsites (2 to be exact). One is called and
I want to create a shared links section between all 3 areas so that if I modify one, all 3 are changed automatically.

What I've tried is I created a normal HTML document and put in a Page Viewer Web Part that points to that HTML document. It shows up fine but when you click on one of the links it stays in that little window. Not what I want to happen. Plus the look doesn't flow with the rest of the page (fonts and such).

So what's the best way practice to building something that's shared between multiple sites but that you can modify it once and it's updated to all while keeping the proper theme. I know it's something really simple but I cannot find anything out on the internet (google.com, yahoo.com) to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for all of your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back